Hi all.

Well, it has been a good run, but time to close the doors.

I have been pretty unwell for the last 6 months or so, my weird, rare myositis has been very poorly controlled, despite trying a series of stronger medications and hoping each time, that they would do the trick. I might be on a good one now, but only time will tell.

I have been checking in, and the number of posts when I check via Forum Spy is terribly low. Really really low. So while I get that there are a few people who still pop in now and then, it really isn't active, by any metric. We also have had a couple of odd issues (like the menu disappearing) and frankly, trying to get those technical issues sorted is just too much.

This year, given the exceedingly low traffic, I didn't feel right to ask the few (but incredibly loyal) sponsors who have stuck with us the last 3 years to pay anything to sponsor. So there is ZERO money coming in. I've carried UKS for the members for a few years now but I think the time has come.

I think 60 days is a reasonable amount of time for you to download anything you want from the site. I'll post a banner with the actual date at some point very soon, but if you know people who you think might want to pop back to download their layouts, grab a CyberCrop class or two, or any other resources, please let them know.

I still own the domain so at some point you may find that the UKS url points someplace else. Not sure where yet. I need to look at all of the UKS-related domains we have that point HERE (ukscrapper.co.uk, ukscrappers.com and maybe one or two others) and decide how to handle them. I am not sure what the status of the UKS Facebook page is! What I recall is someone else registered that a decade ago and added me as a moderator but I don't think I have "control" of it so that may still stay around in some form.

I am (of course) a little sad about it all, but I have not been well for a long time and when I am feeling OK there are other things I want to do. I have not been able to give UKS the time it needs. That is also part of the reason I have funded it for so long.

I'm sure this is not great news for some of you who still love this place. I am sorry, but it had to happen someday. I'm not going to waffle on.

Thank you all - it was an honor to be a part of your crafty, creative lives for so long. I hope you all have some lifelong friendships and some amazing memories of this place, and you don your rose-coloured glasses when you think back on it.